Salman Khan: "I don't deserve to be called 'superstar'. Someone calls me Sallu, someone calls me Bhai, that's fine." , Hindi Movie News


Salman Khan‘s recent release ‘Tiger 3‘ has crossed Rs 400 crores at the box office worldwide. The actor is known to always have a strong hold at the box office on Eid, but now, he’s also got the highest ever Diwali grosser on his name. The film which sees him pulling off hardcore action with Katrina Kaifalong with a solid performance even by Emraan Hashmihas been loved by fans.With a huge fan following and mass euphoria around him, it would be surprising for you to know, that Salman doesn’t consider himself a ‘superstar‘.
When we recently caught up with Khan for an interview, to talk about the success of ‘Tiger 3’, Salman confessed that he hates being called a superstar. “When they say ‘superstar’, megastar, I don’t like it. I’m doing my work, people are liking it, that’s just what it is. I’ve not done anything to deserve the title ‘superstar’. It’s a term taken too seriously. ‘Mera naam hai Salman, koi mujhe Hello bulaata hai, koi bhai bulaata hai. (My name is Salman, some people call me ‘Sallu’, some people call me ‘Bhai’). That’s fine for me. I find it silly when people call me superstar. I don’t want people to use that for me. I appreciate that my fans or the media feel that I’m a star, or when my films do well. But I don’t think it’s right to put that tag on me. I don’t deserve it.”
He further added, “Having said that, all the films I’ve done, no producer has lost money ever. There’s been no failure in my life in the industry and I’m happy for those who didn’t lose money because of me. I want that when you spend Rs 400, Rs 500 on my films, you add something more to your life than that money. But don’t call me a superstar.”


Previous Post Next Post