Prachi Desai spoke on the changes coming in the industry Prachi Desai on the change coming in the industry: 'This is the age of women centric films, the audience is also starting to like films that bring change'

A few moments agoAuthor: Ronak Keswani

  • Copy link

Prachi Desai has been working in the film and TV industry for the past 18 years. She was only 17 when she acted in her first TV serial ‘Kasam Se’. Now Prachi is in discussion about her new film ‘Silence 2’. Prachi has played the role of Inspector Sanjana Bhatia in this film. The film has recently released on the OTT platform Zee5. Now Prachi had a special conversation with Dainik Bhaskar.

Shared the screen with Manoj sir for the first time in ‘Silence 1’
He says, ‘When I heard the story of ‘Silence-1′ the whole country was in lockdown, the director even talked to me online. As soon as I heard the story of this film, I was interested that what will be the climax of the film? I was excited to do the film. I always wanted to play the role of a police officer. Apart from this, I was sharing the screen with Manoj sir for the first time, which was an achievement in itself. Had a lot of fun with him on the sets of the film.’

‘This time we are undercover in the film, so I will be seen doing action too’
I am playing the role of Sanjana Bhatia in ‘Silence-2′. The first story is about a Chief Justice whose daughter is murdered. He says I need only ACP Avinash to solve this mystery. And this is how Manoj Sir comes into the film.’

‘As soon as ACP Avinash comes in, he says, I will choose my own team to work with and that brings us to the film. We are part of a special unit so you won’t see me in a police uniform. However, this time we’re undercover, so you’ll find us mostly in the Special Unit office and mostly doing ground work. In this film you will not see me interrogating, but you will see me working and doing some action.’

‘Manoj Bajpayee is an acting institute, he does everything right’
I love all the members of this team. Working with Manoj Sir is a dream come true for any actor. There is much to learn from them. To learn from someone like him in such a short period of time is incredible. It is like an acting institution.’

‘He knows how easy it is for them, but he works very hard. He spends a lot of time preparing, making sure he does everything right. I don’t know how he does it, but working with them is a big deal. One can learn many different things from them by watching them.’

‘The experience of shooting in Rajasthan was great’
For most OTT formats, we shoot from start to finish. A lot of time was wasted in the shooting of earlier films. We used to hear that people shoot films throughout the year. But now we complete projects in less than 3 months.’

The film has been shot in Rajasthan along with Mumbai. It was a great experience shooting with the team in Rajasthan. I would like to say that shooting in Mumbai this time was a different kind of challenge. Because we were shooting it in the rainy season and there is a technical part that when it rains, it gets flooded and you are going to shoot, you can’t reach the location and so many problems come up. But Even after this we finished shooting it.’

‘I think this is the right time for women-centric films’
​​​​​’​​
I have always loved films that bring about a kind of change in the world of cinema. ‘English Vinglish’ is my favorite movie. Exactly the same story, in which Vidya Balan acted. In recent times, viewers are in a space where they are able to watch the things they want to watch.’

‘I think this is the right time for women-centric films. I think the audience is now opening up about what they like and we need to focus on those things. You might think that there are many such movies, but to be honest, not that many. I want more films like this to be made.’

‘Many people are getting opportunities after coming of OTT’
“We have a long way to go in terms of quality of content. But I am very happy that we have a platform like OTT along with silver screen. So this is good news for all those who have been waiting to tell their stories. The nature of OTT is so good that you watch it in the comfort of your home and that’s why what you watch looks so amazing.’

‘This is why I think so many such thrillers and investigative dramas are being made now. So this is how we are also growing. Where many people are getting opportunity. On the other hand, viewers are also getting a chance to see a lot of things in terms of content. We are doing very well as a medium, but we still have a long way to go in terms of quality.’

Previous Post Next Post