Star Plus Kumkum Juhi Parmar Struggle Story | Yeh Meri Family | 'Kumkum' fame Juhi Parmar thanks parents: Says, 'They have supported me in every decision'

4 minutes agoAuthor: Arunima Shukla/ Kiran Jain

  • Copy link

A show titled ‘Kumkum – Ek Pyaara Sa Bandhan’ was telecast on Star Plus from 2002 to 2009. The popularity of the show was such that when there was no TV, people went to other people’s houses to watch it.

Juhi Parmar was seen in the role of Kumkum Rai Wadhwa in this show and this show made her a huge success in a short time. In today’s struggle story we have included her story.

Juhi always wanted to be an actress. When she reached Mumbai, she too had to struggle like a normal straggler. There came a time when he decided to quit the industry. The reason was that she was tired of playing small roles. Then came the TV show Kumkum and his luck turned upside down.

Juhi’s personal life also had struggles. Their marriage broke up within 9 years. Today, Juhi is a single mother of an 11-year-old daughter. She had gained so much weight due to her thyroid that she could not even recognize her own face.

Read Juhi Parmar’s story of struggle, in her own words…

Juhi was born on 14 December 1980 in Jaipur

Juhi was born on 14 December 1980 in Jaipur

Decided to become an actress at the age of 12
Juhi says about her early acting journey, ‘I dreamed of becoming an actress since I was 12 years old. At the same time I also told this to my family members, but they thought I was joking. They thought that I had come to see a movie, that’s why I was talking in such a hypocritical manner. However, his thinking was completely wrong.

Even after growing up, I was so fond of acting. At this stage of age, when my parents saw that I had not changed my dream, they supported me.

Not getting a good job made up my mind to leave the industry
Like a common man, Juhi also came to Mumbai to try her hand in the world of acting. He said about this trip, ‘For the first time, father came to drop me in Mumbai. Here I stayed for a year at my distant maternal uncle’s house. After that she started living in PG.

Like any other straggler I faced rejection. However, I always knew that there would be many difficulties in realizing this dream. I did small shows in the beginning. Also dubbed for many cartoon shows. It was because of these works that I was able to move forward and survive.

However, after a while I got tired of these things. After a long time when I didn’t get any big job, all hopes started to crumble. Defeated and exhausted, I decided to go back home. I thought I would do something else to advance my career.

The first earnings were 500 rupees
Regarding the financial struggle, Juhi said, ‘I came to Mumbai with Rs 5000. After that whenever there was shortage of money, father continued to give without asking any questions, but after 2 months I realized that I will not be able to do anything big like this in life. After this I stopped taking money from father.

Then started the process of traveling in local trains and walking to save money.

My first earnings were only 500 rupees. I got this money for the dubbing of the bird’s voice. I kept Rs 200 out of it for my own expenses. Bought saree for mother with remaining 300 rupees.

Kumkum did not want to audition for the show
Juhi Parmar gained a lot of popularity from the TV show Kumkum. About getting work in this show, Juhi said, ‘Soon after I reached Jaipur, I got a call from Mumbai. I got to know that there is an audition going on for a good show and I should also give it. I was in no mood for this audition. After this I thought I would take one last chance.

I came back to Mumbai and auditioned. Luckily I got selected and after that I became famous as Kumkum on-screen.

This is the picture of Juhi and Sachin's wedding.  Both got married in 2009

This is the picture of Juhi and Sachin’s wedding. Both got married in 2009

I am grateful to my parents for the way they take care of Samaira. I live with my parents. He fulfills Samairani’s every wish. Today, if I am able to focus on my career, I would also like to credit my parents for this. He supported my every decision. He supported me in every phase of life. I will always be grateful to him.

Juhi was seen as a contestant in Bigg Boss 5

Juhi was seen as a contestant in Bigg Boss 5

About recent projects, Juhi said, ‘Recently I have worked in TVF’s show Ye Meri Family. There are currently no specific upcoming projects.

Previous Post Next Post