The film 'Razakar' is based on the Hyderabad massacre. | Film 'Razakar' made on Hyderabad carnage: Producer Gudur Narayan Reddy said, 'The country was saved because of Sardar Patel'

4 minutes agoAuthor: Ashish Tiwari

  • Copy link

There is a trend in Indian films to make films on themes like brutal incidents and mass killings. Filmmakers are boldly making films on events in history that were not even talked about openly before. The film ‘Razakar The Silent Genocide of Hyderabad’, based on the genocide that took place in Hyderabad at the time of the country’s independence, has been released today on 26th April. Recently, producer Gudur Narayan Reddy, actors Makarand Deshpande, Raj Arjun and Tej Sapru spoke about the film.

Consolidating the kingdoms was a huge task
Producer Gudur Narayan Reddy said that the film conveys the message that this country is strong today because of Sardar Patel. The story of this film is about the time of independence when there were many challenges in the country. Junagadh, Kashmir and Hyderabad were the three princely states that consistently refused to merge into the country. The story of this film is basically based on the princely state of Hyderabad. Which was merged into the country about a year after independence.

Sardar Patel played an important role in merging it. Even after the partition, it was a huge task to accommodate the many kingdoms. People hardly know the story of how when the kingdoms were being merged, massacres took place in some places. Atrocities were inflicted on the people whose wounds cannot be forgotten till today.

Actor Makarand Deshpande

Actor Makarand Deshpande

A real role is a responsibility for us
Actor Makarand Deshpande said – ‘The biggest challenge as an actor is when you play a genuine character. I have played the character of Mir Osman Ali Pasha. I had some doubts about this character whether I could play it well or not. This has worked for us. My face was beginning to look like Mir Osman Ali Pasha. Learned about history while performing. The director has not given a complete bound script. We were only told about the character.

While shooting the film, I had no idea where the film was going. Now when I watch the film I feel that I have done something good. Being a part of history that no one knows about. It is our responsibility to fulfill it.

Actor Tej Supru

Actor Tej Supru

Very proud to play the role of Sardar Patel
Actor Tej Sapru, who is playing the role of Sardar Patel in the film, said – ‘It was a very lucky thing for me. I know people will make comparisons, but all these years of acting experience came in handy. Mostly I have played negatives. This time the viewers will get some surprise. Worked in 300 films in 13 languages. But this is the best role of my career. I am very proud to play the role of Sardar Patel in the film.

Actor Raj Arjun

Actor Raj Arjun

I believe in universal power
Actor Raj Arjun said – ‘I always try to do something different. People should think whether the character is positive or negative. If I accept that there is a negative role, I will start playing it as a negative role. I believe in universal power. I think being challenging and out of the box will be useful. How to differentiate from previous people, this is what I try to do.