TV celebs share tips for a budget-friendly Diwali

Homemade diyas & sweets, mix and match from wardrobe…

Just like everyone else, TV celebrities are also planning to celebrate Diwali with great fervour this year. They share some budget-friendly tips to make the festival memorable for your loved ones.

Niyati Fatnani

Feel happy from inside and celebrate the festival: Niyati Fatnani

Niyati Fatnani, who is currently seen in the show Channa Mereya says, “To celebrate the budget friendly festival, one very simple tip to change one’s thought process. I personally believe in it and follow it. This Diwali, feel the happiness from within. Until or unless we are not happy from inside, we wont look good. No matter we are wearing dress worth Rs 20000 or Rs 2 lakh. But if one is happy, the gleam in his eyes and happiness on face can make look just perfect even in a Rs 2000 dress. Our inner happiness is going to make a lot more difference. And trust me, it does not cost anything. This Diwali, one must inculcate and celebrate the festival.’

Rajshree Thakur

I have been using homemade diyas and rangoli colours for the last few years: Rajshree Thakur

Rajshree, who plays Pallavi Gulati in Appnapan–Badalte Rishton Ka Bandhan, shares, “For Diwali, everything has to be budget-friendly because there are so many things to shop for. I like to strike a balance while buying things. If I don’t have a saree of a particular colour, I usually look for it along with matching jewellery. It’s important to resist the urge to show off. I also love buying gold during Dhanteras and keep my jewellery either ear-heavy or neck-heavy-whatever goes with the look of the day. Going beyond just jewellery and sarees, I also have homemade diyas and rangoli colours which I have been using for 6-7 years and so, I don’t really need to spend on decorations. One should spend only on things that are needed. Be creative with what you have, light oil-based diyas and not ghee-based ones, use colours but don’t throw the rest away, keep them for the next time.

Rohitashv Gour

I prefer homemade sweets and don’t buy unnecessary things: Rohitashv Gour

Rohitashv who essays the role of Manmohan Tiwari in Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai! loves to keep it simple when it comes to celebrations. He says, “I always prepare a budget for Diwali well in advance. Be it dresses, sweets or home décor, I have a balanced approach. While I like to shop for new things, I don’t buy things which I don’t need or which I regret later. We shouldn’t waste our money on useless things. Also, I prefer having homemade sweets over buying sweets from the market, which I believe cannot compete with sweets made with love at home. Celebrating a cracker-free Diwali is another way to save yourself from some extra burden on your pockets.”

Raghav Tiwari

I will mix and match something from my wardrobe: Raghav Tiwari
Raghav, who has done shows like Hamari Wali Good News and was last seen in Sirf Tum, likes to keep things simple while celebrating festivals. He shares, “This is a festival of happiness and positivity. This year, I will be celebrating the festival at home after almost four years, and I want to make it super special without spending too much. One of the best ways to celebrate festivals is to make others happy. I won’t buy expensive clothes but will mix and match something from my wardrobe. Buying crackers is a waste of money and it also creates havoc for animals. So, it’s not on my list and I want to buy sweets and donate it to the poor.”

Neha JoshiMore

I prefer buying earthen diyas over electric diyas: Neha Joshi

Neha who plays Yashoda in Doosri Maa loves buying earthen diyas for Diwali. She says, “People like to decorate their house with electric diyas which I don’t like. I like to buy earthen diyas which look more beautiful. Also, buying a new dress for the festival was never on my list. I like to rehash my wardrobe. I like to try out a variety of blouses with one saree and give it a new look. This year, I will reuse one of my old sarees and give it a new look with a designer blouse.”

Buying new clothes can be given a smart twist: Anuj Sachdeva

Anuj, who has done shows like Sabki Laadli Bebo and Swaragini-Jodein Rishton Ke Sur and was seen in Woh Toh Hai Albelaa earlier this year, has some smart tips for buying clothes. He says, “Buying new clothes on Diwali has been an old tradition but we can give it a smart twist. Instead of picking a new pair of kurta-pyjamas, one can either buy a black or off-white dhoti, pair it with a bright-coloured kurta or even team it with an old kurta-pyjama set with a navy blue or chocolate brown jacket. It will make you sport a fresh look.”

Previous Post Next Post