This gentleman from Pune won the power lifting competition at the age of 78

Pune: No task at any age of life seems impossible if one has a firm determination in the mind and a tenacity-concentration like Arjuna to achieve the goal. A 78-year-old gentleman from Pune has given an excellent example of skill, diligence and dedication. Srikanth Adkar puts fitness to shame even at this age. At the tender age of 78, this gentleman has won the district level powerlifting competition.

With increasing age our bones begin to weaken that’s why old people often need help from others but Srikanthji’s fitness at this age puts even youngsters to shame and has become an inspiration to many.

Record Break Performance:

Sharing his thoughts with the happiness of this win, Srikanth said, “I do body building exercises regularly. I have a strong-hard body. I do powerlifting exercises under the supervision of Rajhans Mehandale of Soman Club in Karvenagar. He told me to prepare for the deadlift.”

“Deadlifting at this age is a challenge. Aging affects your spine and it also weakens the bones of the body. Mehendale left no stone unturned in my training and the results of my proper practice are now in front of everyone. I managed to deadlift 50 kg in this competition.

What is the secret of a healthy body?

Srikanth has set a great example by achieving this unique achievement. In his younger days, Srikanth won the Pune Sri and other bodybuilding titles. Even today he is very vigilant about his fitness. Fitness maintenance by Srikanth is an inspiration for the youth.

Also Read: Young man who did MBA from IIM took initiation in BAPS: Know what he said after giving up the world

However, telling the secret of his healthy body after the victory, he said that I am not addicted to anything. I always take care of my health. My daily routine is to eat at the right time, sleep, exercise, exercise, practice. He further said that his father was a police officer and because of that everyone in the family used to exercise regularly to keep themselves fit and now it has become a habit and a necessity. I have been able to keep my body healthy and fit even at the age of 80 due to regular exercise since my youth.

First published:

Tags: OMG News, Put news

Previous Post Next Post