Aayush Sharma talked about the upcoming film 'Ruslan' Aayush Sharma Talks On Upcoming Film 'Ruslaan': Loses 6 Kgs By Eating Only Eggs And Broccoli For 18 Days, The Film Was Shot In 65 Days

3 days agoAuthor: Umesh Kumar Upadhyay

  • Copy link

Aayush Sharma is coming up with his third film ‘Ruslan’ in his six year career. Before this he has done ‘Lavayatri’ and Final Final’. In the upcoming film Ayush is playing the role of Ruslan and opposite Ms. Shreya Mishra. South actor Jagapathi Babu plays Ayush’s father and Vidya Malavade, Manish and Sunil Shetty also make guest appearances in other lead roles. The film is releasing in cinemas on 26th April. Ayush Sharma had a special conversation with Divya Bhaskar.

Ayush Sharma made his debut with the film 'Lavayatri'.

Ayush Sharma made his debut with the film ‘Lavayatri’.

It took two years to complete the 65-day shooting schedule
The film has been shot in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Azerbaijan. 10 days were completed in Hyderabad, 20 days in Azerbaijan and rest in Mumbai. Technically it took 65 days to shoot the film, but we are shooting with planning after taking a break of two years. The action sequences were huge, so much time was spent in planning the shooting. We had to go to Azerbaijan twice.

Aayush Sharma with wife Arpita and brother-in-law Salman Khan.

Aayush Sharma with wife Arpita and brother-in-law Salman Khan.

Various action sequences will be seen
The most challenging thing about shooting this action sequence was the cold. It was supposed to be shot on top of a mountain in Azerbaijan. I was shivering with the cold as well as the wind blowing up the mountain. There were shoots at temperatures of -4 degrees and sometimes -6 degrees

Our idea was to shoot in snow, but that day there was no snow, but very cold weather. Taking action in the bitter cold and killing seven-eight people at once was very challenging. The action sequences we see in the trailer are only part of it. There is a big action sequence before and after this.

Aayush Sharma was seen in the film 'Antim' with Salman.

Aayush Sharma was seen with Salman in the film ‘Antim’.

I never thought I would be able to do this scene, as there are no cuts or camera tricks involved. This was the most memorable movement for me. Along with Korean action, the film will have various action sequences like knife fight, gun fight, boxing etc.

Aayush Sharma with Salman's entire family.

Aayush Sharma with Salman’s entire family.

Only 18 days were given to lose six kg
The most important thing for me was the body change. In ‘Antim’ I changed my body, while in ‘Ruslan’ I am seen in the role of a young boy who is also a musician. For this I had to slim myself down and build my body at the same time. If you see the action was more in ‘Antim’, while this one has a lot of stylish action, because my character is trained, I have to hold the gun at the right time and land it at the right time.

Aayush Sharma in a scene from the movie 'Antim'.

Aayush Sharma in a scene from the movie ‘Antim’.

In the ‘final’ I had to lose six kilos from my body and was given only 18 days to do it, all done in 18 days. He used to do cardio twice a day and then work out. He only ate 6 boiled eggs and broccoli a day.

Didn’t eat rice, dal, vegetables etc for 18 days. His weight was around 76 kg at the time of ‘Antim’, while during the shooting of ‘Ruslan’ his weight dropped to 70 kg and by the end it was 67 kg.

Aayush Sharma feeding cake to Salman on his son's birthday.

Aayush Sharma feeding cake to Salman on his son’s birthday.

The film has a 15-minute climax scene, which took five days to shoot.
The climax scene of the film took five days to shoot. The climax sequence in the film will be 15 minutes long. If you see, this is not just an action film, but an action film full of emotions. There is no fighting in this because we have to show the action. The most important story is about a boy named Ruslan.

Aayush Sharma with wife Arpita and children.

Aayush Sharma with wife Arpita and children.

I want to do comedy and family drama with action and romance.
I am very happy to get this opportunity. I got this opportunity, so I’m excited about it. Along with this opportunity I want to do more challenging work. I want to do action, romance genre along with comedy, family drama etc genre films. I want to be a gangster again. I think this is just the beginning for me. I want to do a story that touches my heart.

Arpita and Aayush Sharma with Aamir Khan.

Arpita and Aayush Sharma with Aamir Khan.

When can the next film come after ‘Ruslan’?
My destiny is that the films I worked in were new to me, so it took time to make and edit them. Now I am trying to select some films that I can shoot quickly so that I can release them soon. Action films take a lot of time. I also want to bring many pictures in a year. I have some pictures in my pipeline, which I will share soon.

As I said during the ‘Ruslan’ trailer launch conference, I’m going to lay down the gun for a while, so something new will come after this. Yes, this will be a comedy film. I can’t reveal the cast right now because it would be a surprise. Yes, my dear friend is Varun Sharmaji of ‘Fukrey’ fame. These days I am learning comedy from him. I am learning from him how to do comedy in a beautiful style and comic timing. I am trying to learn comedy from him and do better soon.

Aayush Sharma with son.

Aayush Sharma with son.

Currently I am making ‘Ruslan’ for three years, so after this I want to take a break for two-three months. I want to go on vacation with my family. I think, I will work on this comedy film project only after two-three months.

Does Salman Khan have any tips? Who You are always in mind ?
One of his tips is that you have got an opportunity, which many people in the country are entitled to. Respect that opportunity, naturalize it and take full advantage of that opportunity. He said this during my first film and I have kept these tips very close to my heart since day one. A lot of people deserve the opportunities I’ve had. If I am playing this role today, I must do something that makes me worthy of this opportunity in my own eyes and not in the eyes of others.

Previous Post Next Post