Drunk father shot mother and sister Drunk father shoots mother and sister: Kamal Sadana shares story of his 20th birthday, bullet passes through actor's throat

23 hours ago

  • Copy link

Actor Kamal Sadana started his acting career with the film ‘Bekhudi’ released in 1992. Kamal, son of producer Brij Sadana and actress Saeedah Khan, spoke about the emotional trauma he experienced on his 20th birthday in a recent interview.

In an interview with YouTuber Siddharth Kanan, Kamal recounted the incident that happened on October 21, 1990, his 20th birthday, when his father shot Kamal’s mother and sister and committed suicide.

Kamal's father Brij Sadana was once a famous producer.  He gave hits like 'Victoria No 203' and 'Do Bhai'

Kamal’s father Brij Sadana was once a famous producer. He gave hits like ‘Victoria No 203’ and ‘Do Bhai’

‘The bullet passed through my neck’
Kamal said, ‘Watching my family die in front of my eyes was very traumatic. I was also shot.

A bullet went through my neck. However, I don’t know how I survived. I had no physical problems either.

I told the doctor- ‘Keep my mother and sister alive’
Kamal continued, ‘I took my mother and sister to the hospital. Both had lost a lot of blood. I didn’t know until then that I too had been shot. The doctor looked and said ‘You too have been shot’.

‘The doctor asked me to enter too but I said, you keep my mother and sister alive. After this I also had to go and check what my father was doing after doing all this.’

Kamal started his career with 'Bekhudi' with Kajol

Kamal started his career with ‘Bekhudi’ with Kajol

Father fought drunkenly
Kamal said in this interview that after shooting his mother and sister, his father committed suicide by shooting himself. He committed this act in a drunken state after a fight in the house.

All this happened on Kamal’s birthday, after which Kamal did not celebrate his birthday for several years.

On the work front, Kamal was seen in Ishaan Khattar and Mrinal Thakur starrer ‘Pippa’, which released on OTT.

Previous Post Next Post