Ulka Gupta as Ranveer's sister in 'Simmba' | Ulka Gupta to become Ranveer's sister in 'Simmba': Actress said, 'I am young, but I was offered the role of sister only'

3 minutes agoAuthor: Kiran Jain

  • Copy link

Ulka Gupta has been in the glamor industry for a long time. Ulka has also worked in South and Marathi industry. In the year 2018, she was seen in Ranveer Singh and Sara Ali Khan starrer film ‘Simmba’. She played the role of Ranveer’s sister in this film.

According to Ulka, after ‘Simmba’ she was only offered the role of the sister, which she turned down. Now 27-year-old Ulka Gupta will be seen playing the role of a single mother in the show ‘Main Hoon Saath Tere’. Initially, when she was offered the show, she wasn’t sure about it. However, after auditioning, he took it as a challenge and agreed.

In an exclusive conversation with Div Bhaskar, Ulka Gupta shared some interesting facts about her new show and her professional life.

Auditioned for the show on manager’s advice
My manager told me about this show ‘Main Hoon Saath Tere’. On his advice I gave my first audition. Initially I was not sure about playing the role of an on-screen mother. Then wondered what goes into auditioning? Anyway, I have always been interested in doing challenging roles. I really liked my audition clips. Taking it as a challenge, she agreed and got selected.

Challenging to play the role of a mother despite not being a mother.
To be honest, I am not completely ready for this character yet. I have never felt motherhood in real life. There is no doubt that being a mother is a great experience. How much does a mother sacrifice for her child? But, I am too young to understand this feeling. As an actor till now my limit was only love story. I never thought I would be an on-screen mother. It is very challenging to play the role of a mother despite not being a mother. The journey so far has been good with the support of the director and the team.

After ‘Simba’ only sister roles were offered
During ‘Simmba’, my career was going through a transition period. Before this I explored TV, South industry, Marathi industry. When the Hindi film offer came, I thought why not explore that too. Fortunately, the film was well received. People liked my work. But then I started getting offers for sister roles all the time. I was very young at that time. After I was not getting lead roles, I shifted to OTT.

Never considered Bollywood as a measure of success
I have never made any criterion that I feel successful only if I do Bollywood. I have always made time for myself. I have always given time to my family. If you want to learn a new skill, learn it. Kathak, singing, theatre- I have made time for everything.

It was fortunate that she became a part of ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’
In the future I want to do a biopic on a person who changed the world. It was a matter of good luck that I got to play the lead role in the TV show ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’. I would like to do such roles in future as well.

There is also other news…

Previous Post Next Post