Fadnavis breaks silence on Eknath Shinde's appointment as Chief Minister

Devendra Fadnavis has made it clear that he has no regrets about becoming the Deputy Chief Minister. Breaking his silence on Eknath Shinde becoming Chief Minister and his Deputy Chief Minister, he said, “I could have become Chief Minister if I had requested, but we made Shiv Sena Chief Minister for ideology.”

Fadnavis also claimed that his proposal to make Shinde Chief Minister was his. Devendra Fadnavis also said that it was his responsibility to ensure that Eknath Shinde became a successful Chief Minister.

“I was asked by senior leaders to join the government,” he said. The command of the party leaders was paramount to me. Amit Shah was there so all this could happen. The party leaders insisted that the government would not run if I stayed out. So I accepted the post of Deputy Chief Minister on his orders.


Post Views:
161

Previous Post Next Post