'Pooja, your medal calls for celebrations, not an apology': PM Modi's message | Latest News India

Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted a message to wrestler Pooja Gehlot who apologised for not only winning a bronze and said the medal calls for celebration not apology.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday posted a message for wrestler Pooja Gehlot who broke down after winning a bronze and not the gold medal in the Women’s Freestyle 50kg category in the Commonwealth Games 2022. “Pooja, your medal calls for celebrations, not an apology. Your life journey motivates us, your success gladdens us. You are destined for great things ahead…keep shining!” PM Modi tweeted, as Pooja Gehlot apologised to the countrymen that the National Anthem could not be played at the event.

“I reached the semi-final and lost. I want to apologise to my countrymen… my wish was that the National Anthem is played here.. but…,” Pooja Gehlot said as she broke down in front of thecamera. “I will learn from my mistakes and will work on them,” an emotional Pooja Gehlot said.



Close Story

Previous Post Next Post