Jhulan Goswami revealed before the last international match

[og_img]

  • Jhulan Goswami World’s most successful female fast bowler
  • Represented the country in two World Cup finals in 2005 and 2017
  • Jhulan will regret not winning the World Cup

India’s greatest women’s cricketer Jhulan Goswami will regret for the rest of her life that she played in two World Cup finals, but lost both times to Team India.

Represented the country in two World Cup finals

Indian women’s cricketer Jhulan Goswami, who is preparing to play her last international match at Lord’s Cricket Ground, on Saturday admitted what is the biggest regret of her career so far. She said before her last international match that she was happy to have represented the country in two World Cup finals in 2005 and 2017, but not winning the trophy would be her biggest regret.

Regrets of not winning the World Cup trophy

The 39-year-old right-hander told a press conference, “I have played two World Cup finals but not won the trophy. That’s my regret, because you prepare for the World Cup for four years. It takes time. A lot of hard work.” Every cricketer dreams of winning the World Cup.” Jhulan Goswami is the only woman cricketer to have taken more than 200 wickets in ODIs. She has taken 262 wickets in 203 matches.

Didn’t think to play this long

Jhulan, who debuted in 2002, added, “When I started, I never thought I would play for so long. It was a great experience. I am lucky to have played the game. To be honest, coming from a small town in West Bengal, I knew about women’s cricket. Didn’t know anything.”

The most memorable moment was getting the India cap

Goswami said getting the India cap was the most memorable moment of his cricketing journey. He said, “My best memory is when I got the India cap and bowled the first over, because I never thought (I would play for India). The tour was tough, because I had to train locally every day. I had to travel two and a half hours by train for that” She also added, “In 1997, I was a ball girl at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata, where I watched my first Women’s World Cup final. From that day on, my dream was to represent India.”

Previous Post Next Post