If you are with the right person, married life is the best: Parineeti Chopra | Hindi Movie News

PhotoJet

Parineeti Choprawho was in Vadodara recently for an event hosted by Parul University, was in a jovial and candid mood. In one of her first interviews after her marriage, talking about if she was willing to join politics in the future, the actress, who got married to politician Raghav Chadhain September, quipped, “Let me tell you the secret to our successful marriage.He knows nothing about Bollywood, and I don’t know anything about politics! So, I don’t think you will see me joining politics.” On a more serious note, she added, “Although both of us are in public life, we had no idea that we would get so much love from all over the country. I feel that if you are with the right person, married life is the best.”

‘I always go with my gut feeling while choosing a film’

Parineeti, who made her Bollywood debut with Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl(2011), says that it has been an eventful journey. She shares, “I have always trusted my gut feeling while choosing a film and I feel that I have broken stereotypes as an actress. I played an unconventional role in my debut project and I have found success while playing non-glamorous roles. It was my dream to work with Imtiaz Ali and I am thrilled that after waiting for more than a decade, that wish has come true. The role that I play in my upcoming film directed by him changed my life.” She adds, “While we are making films primarily for entertainment, we also need to be responsible because in India, people tend to emulate actors. So, we need to strike this balance where there is the urge to entertain, but also a sense of responsibility towards the audience.” Asked about OTT projects, she says, “I am a very greedy actor and for me, the medium or language don’t matter. If I am offered something really interesting, I would love to do OTT shows too. But I won’t do it just for the sake of it.”

‘It’s very important to strike the right work-life balance’

Parineeti says that she has “always balanced my personal and professional life well.” Elaborating on the need to do this, she adds, “It’s very important to strike the right work-life balance. In India, we often see people proudly talking about how they did not eat or sleep on time because they were busy with work. They wear it like a badge of honour but personally, I don’t think it is the right way to live life. I believe in working really hard, but I also love to meet my friends and go on holidays. When I am 85 or 90 years old, I should look back and feel that I lived my life the way it should be done.” Citing an example, she says, “There have been times when I have told my co-actors that I am going scuba diving for 10 days and they would immediately ask, ‘Kaun se picture ke liye?’ It shows that there are people who don’t do anything outside their work. It’s their choice and I respect it. But I feel one should not just work or just have a gala time; one should do both.”

We should pave our own path’

I have a sister (her cousin Priyanka) who is working in Hollywood and she has always shocked and surprised the world with the kind of amazing work that she does. We should pave our own path and I am really inspired by her.


Previous Post Next Post