Even after being shot, I... Donald Trump said for the first time on the assassination attempt, my death was decided


Milwaukee. Former US President Donald Trump has said that he was ‘destined to die’ after a deadly attack on him at an election rally in Pennsylvania. He described the incident as a ‘strange experience’. In his first interview after the incident, the 78-year-old former president told conservative American media that he feels he survived by the grace of ‘luck or God’.

The former US President while talking to the ‘New York Post’ while going to Milwaukee for the ‘Republican National Convention’ starting on Monday, said, “It was believed about me that I will not be here, my death was predestined.” In the convention he will be nominated as the party’s candidate for the presidential election to be held on November 5.

He said, “The most incredible thing was that I not only turned my head, but I did it at the right time and the right amount.” He also said that the bullet that grazed his ear could have easily killed him. Trump said, “My death was predestined, it was believed that I would not be here.” He described the entire incident as a “strange experience”.

One spectator was killed in this attack, while two others were seriously injured. The 20-year-old gunman who attacked them, named Thomas Matthew Crooks, was also killed. According to the ‘New York Post’, Trump had tied a white bandage on his right ear, but his aides did not allow any photographs to be taken.

Trump said, “The doctor at the hospital said he had never seen anything like this before, he called it a miracle.” He said, “By luck or by the grace of God… many people are saying that by the grace of God I am still here (alive).” Pointing to his picture, Trump said, “Fight.” In this picture, he is seen with a clenched fist and drops of blood are visible on his face.

Trump said, “Many people say they have never seen such a powerful picture before.” He said, “They are right and I did not die. Usually, people yearn to get a picture like that.” Trump told the newspaper that he wanted to continue speaking even after the shooting, but the Secret Service pressured him to go to the hospital.

He said, “I just wanted to continue speaking, but I was shot down.” According to the newspaper, Trump also said that he appreciated the phone call he received from President Joe Biden, who may also be his opponent in the election. He called it ‘fine’ and ‘very good’. The newspaper reported that Trump suggested that the campaign between him and Democrat Biden could be more civil from now on.

Tags: Donald Trump, Joe Biden

Previous Post Next Post